12-day safari that takes you on the road in 4×4 safari vehicles from Nairobi, the only city with a national park in the suburbs, to Tsavo East National Park one of the oldest and largest park in Kenya at 13,747 square kilometers, known for its mane-less lions, big herds of red dust-covered elephants, and cheetah, these two nights stay takes you for another drive into Amboseli National Park crowned by Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest peak, and one of Kenya’s most popular parks.
The journey returns you back to Nairobi for a night to enable the drive further north to Samburu National Reserve for two nights, home to the unique five species found only in the north namely the Grevy Zebra, Somali Ostrich, Reticulated Giraffe, Gerenuk and the Beisa Oryx, also home to a large number of elephant herds.
This drives you on to Mount Kenya region for a night, Aberdares National Park famous because the queen visited the park, a healthy habitat of wildlife with rare sightings of the Giant Forest hog, bongo, golden cat, serval cat, African wild cat, African civet cat and the blue duiker.
A must visit to enjoy a night game viewing drive is the Congreve Conservancy for a night, and our journey cannot end before your experience of Maasai Mara renown for the Great Wildebeest migration where the Masai Mara welcomes 1,5 million wildebeests onto its sprawling savannahs each July through October, home to the Big Five, a photographer’s and naturalist’s paradise, one of Africa’s greatest wildlife reserves. Here we have you stay for two nights before returning to Nairobi.
Departure: On demand charter flight, Scheduled for Peak season (16th Dec -31st Mar, 15th Jul-31st Oct)
- Tsavo National Park: large herds of elephants, captivating landscapes, Big Five, Birdwatching over 500 species, guided nature walks, and the Mzima Springs, where crystal-clear water flows through volcanic rock.
- Tsavo National Park is one of the largest game sanctuaries in the world covering 22,000 km² (13,671 miles).
- Amboseli National Park: the spectacular views of Africa’s highest Mountain Kilimanjaro and the highest free-standing mountain above sea level in the world.
- Nairobi City: Animal orphanage, Nairobi National Park as the only park in the world in the suburbs of the city.
- Samburu National Reserve: Land of the famous five unique species north of the equator namely; Grevy’s Zebra, Gerenuk, Somali Ostrich, Reticulated Giraffe, the Beisa Oryx & over 450 bird species.
- Samburu National Reserve is home of Kamunyak the famous lioness who adopted a baby oryx resides in Samburu National Reserve.
- Samburu is a better location to spot the leopard.
- Aberdares National Park: Big Five, Karuru Waterfalls, Aberdare Trails hiking, fishing and wildlife paradise.
- Congreve Conservancy: visits to Kariandusi prehistoric site, hot air-balloon safari, bicycle safaris, visits to Lake Elementaita hot springs, beautiful views of the Eburu and Mau Ranges. guided bush walks.
- Maasai Mara National Reserve: Sala’s Camp is in the best locations in the whole of Mara.
- Sala’s Camp is one of the first camps to witness the legendary annual wildlife migration between June and September yearly.
- Maasai Mara is the location for the well-known TV series ‘Big Cat Diaries’.
Met on arrival from your international flight at the JKIA airport by one of our representatives to your luxury City hotel of choice from our partner hotels. Subject to flight arrival, day spent at leisure with options of excursions subject to the hours you have during the day.
Lunch is on own account where you may choose to have ala carte from the hotel restaurant. Dinner will be served from the renown Spur Steak Ranch a South African franchise opened since 1967 by the founder Allen Ambor who opened the Golden Spur in Newlands, Cape Town. Dinner at the Soaring Eagle Spur.
Meals: lunch (own account), dinner at the Eka Hotel- Spur Steak Ranch.
Breakfast at the hotel, our driver drives for 4hr 51min a 272.9km to Tsavo East National Park covering an area of 762km2, on arrival at Satao Camp, intime for lunch, subsequently a siesta, watching herds of elephant’s bathe from the privacy of your verandah.
The camp boasts 20 authentic safari style en-suite tents, each with private verandahs, nestled among the tamarind trees surrounding the camp’s very own watering hole.
A unique setting overlooking a watering hole in the heart of Tsavo East National Park, Kenya’s largest protected area and the sheer abundance of wildlife is breathtaking. A late afternoon game viewing drive, the Camp’s oasis is a favorite habitat for over 300 different species have been identified.
Birders can safely walk around the Camp’s grounds and watch the many beautiful birds coming to nest or take a bath in the waterhole, common to see are the Hornbills, Barbits, starlings, guinea fowls and pearl spotted owls are very common to see, returning for dinner.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, dinner. Overnight at Satao Camp.
Unlimited game viewing drives today as your whole day is spent in Tsavo East, with an early morning game drive, enjoy breakfast with eggs cooked to order. Lunch is served ‘al-fresco’ under a 200-year-old Tamarind tree where you can enjoy watching the elephants at the watering hole.
The game viewing drive leads you to the incredible variety of wildlife and birdlife seen in the park which include lion, leopard, cheetah, zebras, giraffes, serval cats, genet cats, antelopes, kongoni, lesser kudu, oryx, klipspringer, impala, striped hyena, gazelles, buffalos and elephants.
500 bird species have been recorded in the area, including ostrich and migratory kestrels, while buzzards stop by during their long flight South. At the end of a leisurely late-afternoon game drive, your driver/guide will take you to “the” special sundowner spot. The fire is lit, delicious biting’s are served and the chilled sparkling wine or the famous ‘dawa’ cocktails is poured.
Dinner is served in the restaurant area, usually followed by nightcaps around the campfire. Private dining and bush dinners can also be arranged.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch dinner. Overnight at Satao Camp
After breakfast depart for Tsavo West National Park popular location based on the man-eating lions that killed a number of people who worked on the railway construction during the colonial era. Home to the Big Five lion, Elephant, Buffalo, Rhino and the leopard.
The oldest park in Kenya established in 1948 alongside Tsavo East, known for Mzima springs an oasis of green in Tsavo that produces an incredible 250 million liters of fresh water a day, the springs whose source rises in the Chyulu hills, provides the bulk of Mombasa ‘s fresh water,
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Tawi Lodge
Full day spent at Amboseli Park, in this Eco award winning lodge combining unpretentious comfort with subtle accents of style coupled with traditional East African hospitality, with options of game viewing drives both in Tawi Conservancy and Amboseli National Park, bush breakfast or dinner out in the wilderness of the conservancy.
Watch the sunset in a spectacle of colour camp chairs are set, a fire lit and chilled drinks are served with Mt. Kilimanjaro as your background, camel safari in the conservancy, Guided bush walks in the conservancy, learn the traditional life style of the Maasai people on a cultural visit, hot air-balloon experience with stunning view of Amboseli below.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Tawi Lodge.
Early morning game viewing drive in Tawi Conservancy, returning for breakfast before departing to Nairobi a 4 hours 19 minutes (258.1 km/160.3mi) drive to Sovereign Suites a boutique hotel featuring 14 suites on 6-acre well-manicured lawns, check-in for lunch and siesta by the pool before dinner.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Sovereign Suites.
After breakfast, a 5hr 32min drive through Ruiru, Sagana, Naro Moru, Nanyuki where you will have a brief stop to stretch your legs before your onward journey to Isiolo, along Ewaso Nyiro to the Larsens Camp in Samburu National Reserve.
Check-in for lunch, thereafter relax by the pool before your late afternoon game viewing drive in one of the famous safari destinations in East Africa as its home to the rare species found north of the equator namely Grevy’s Zebra, Somali Ostrich, Reticulated Giraffe, Gerenuk, the Beisa Oryx. Return to the lodge for an evening candlelight dinner.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Larsens Camp.
Full day spent in Samburu, options of guided bird walks, sundowner and Spa treatments. Starting just before dawn you can enjoy a hot cup of coffee or tea whilst the crew inflates the balloon and then set off just as the sun has risen, drifting across the plains, forest and Mara River you are sure to spot a myriad of animals whilst being basked in the early morning glow of sunrise.
Alternative is unlimited game viewing drives in 4x4 safari vehicles last 2 to 3 hours per drive, early morning, morning and later afternoon drive. Morning schedules are from 06.30am, morning from 10am, later afternoon from 3;30pm.
With the full day game drive from 10am to 4pm with a packed lunch had inside Samburu National Reserve to view the elephants, with possibility of viewing the large predators such as lion, leopard, and cheetah, wild dogs have been sighted, unwind after a long game drive with a soak in the jacuzzi. Return for dinner.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Larsens Camp.
Early morning game viewing drive in Samburu National Reserve returning for breakfast and check -out, on a 2hr 46min drive through Isiolo down to Naro Moru reaching Aberdares Country Club in Nyeri which is the base hotel for The Ark. Here you will check into The Aberdare Country Club on a 1,300-acre wildlife sanctuary where will be lunch served depending on the numbers and advanced bookings the Ark can also organize for lunch.
Guests are brought in by the bus from the nearby Aberdare Country Club, which serves as a base hotel for the Ark lodge a 30min drive, check-in at the Ark Lodge and proceed for either a game drive or a guided nature walks in Aberdares national park (game drive in salient and Moorlands in the Aberdare National Park) Check into the Ark in time for dinner.
From the safety and comfort of all the four decks, one can watch the wild animals visiting the water hole in front of The Ark.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch, dinner. Overnight at The Ark Lodge.
Morning game viewing drive in the Aberdares National Park, returning for breakfast at the Ark, transferred to the Aberdares Country Club for check out, meet our driver and proceed to Nyeri – Nyahururu, drive further into the Rift Valley to Nakuru county then onto Congreve Conservancy – Mbweha Camp. Located on the private 6,400acre bordering Lake Nakuru National Park.
Mbweha Camp is nestled up against the southern border of Lake Nakuru National Park with beautiful views over the Eburru and Mau ranges 10 Rustic lava-stone cottages with thatched roofs are surrounded by euphorbia candelabra, yellow barked acacia and other indigenous trees.
Afternoon game viewing drive in the conservancy, in this important bird area, home to a great variety of flora and fauna with a set of 12,000 wildlife including 10% of the global population of the endangered colossus monkey. Both the lesser and greater flamingo frequent the nearby L. Elementaita which is also a breeding ground for the great white pelican. Here you get to see wildlife all a mere 16km away from the camp. Return to the camp for dinner.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Mbweha Camp
After an early breakfast, depart on a 4 hr 12 min (215 km/133.5mi) to Sala’s Camp in the infamous Maasai Mara National Reserve, home to the famous ‘big five’ (African elephant, Cape buffalo, leopard, lion and black rhino) and the plain, these animals are a delight to all ages and interests. Birdlife is prolific, with over 500 species recorded, over 50 of which are predator birds.
Check-in with lunch, followed by an afternoon siesta, prior to your first game viewing drive. Return for dinner and overnight.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Sala’s Camp
Hotel air-balloon safari can be organized in advance so that it incorporated in the early morning hours. Full day spent in the Mara, with unlimited game viewing drives in the reserve. The camp’s tents are all en-suite and nestled amongst trees and greenery, spaced well apart along the river’s edge each with a private plunge pool.
Activities include specialized trips with their own private guide, bird walks within the compound, picnic lunches, play volley ball in the dry river bed, small gym and spa treatments allowing you to unwind between game drives. Return for dinner.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Sala’s Camp
An early morning game viewing drives, return for breakfast, check-out and a drive of 4hrs 59mins (275.2km/171miles) brings you to Jomo Kenyatta International Airport where you will have a day room at an airport hotel, and lunch. Transfer to your terminal for your outbound flight.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch at Crowne Plaza or Four Points by Sheraton Airport Hotel.
Tsavo East National Park: Lions Bluff Lodge, Ithumba Camp, Ithumba Hills, Ithumba private. Galdessa Camp, Galdessa Little.
Amboseli National Park: Tortilis Camp, Campi ya Kanzi, Elerai Camp.
Nairobi: Sankara Nairobi, Karen Gables, Tamarind Tree Hotel, Ololo Safari Lodge & farm, The Emakoko Boutique Safari Lodge, Crowne Plaza Airport or Hemingways Nairobi.
Samburu National Reserve: Larsens Camp, Saruni Samburu (Kalama Conservancy), Elephant bedroom, Saasab lodge, Saruni Rhino (Sera Conservancy).
Aberdares National Park/Mount Kenya: Rhino Watch Safari lodge, Serena Mountain Lodge
Congreve Conservancy/ Lake Nakuru National Park: Sarova Lion Hill Game Lodge, The Cliff.
Maasai Mara National Reserve: Sand River Masai Mara, Mara Ngenche, Tilikwani Mara Camp, Entim Mara, Off beat Ndoto Camp, Olengoti Eco-camp & Cottages, Spirit of the Mara, Rekero Camp.
- Tsavo East/West National Park: – Shetani lava, Roaring rocks, Poacher’s hill, Ngulia Rhino Sanctuary, Aruba dam, Mudanda rock, Yatta plateau, Lugard falls, Galana and Tsavo River, over 400 bird species, Poachers look out Ngulia Sanctuary for endangered species.
- Amboseli National Park:- Bush dinner, picnic lunches, night game viewing drives, visit to a Maasai Village, health and beauty Spa, guided nature walks, Camel guided safaris, fly camping.
- Nairobi: City Tour, visit of sites close to your choice hotel.
- Samburu National Park: picnic meals, game viewing drives, guided bird walks, sundowners, swimming, indoor/outdoor spa, bush walks, visit to a Samburu village, visit to Reteti Elephant Sanctuary, bush breakfast, bush dinner.
- Aberdares: game viewing drives, bird watching, the scenery, Karura waterfalls is the highest and tallest in Kenya, 3 days safari at the Ark one can do walking safari trails –Elephant Hill Trail, Aberdare National Park, Watering hole and Saltlick, Bird Watching, Game Drive Safari, Solio Ranch, hiking in Aberdare National Park, Sports Fishing, 3 Viewing Decks, Sofa Safari, Horse riding: on 4 days safari at The Ark drive to the Solio Game Ranch, play Golf, Stunning view of the Aberdare ranges.
- Lake Nakuru: Congreve Conservancy: day game viewing drives in Lake Nakuru National Park, Guided Walks, night game viewing drives, home to a great variety of flora and fauna and 10% of the worlds colobus monkeys, Bicycle safari, Hot Air-Balloon, Visit Menegai Crater, Lake Elementaita Hot Springs, Day Trips to Nakuru, Visit Kariandusi Prehistoric Site, excellent game viewing.
- Maasai Mara (near Talek river): wildebeest migration, game viewing drives, bush breakfast, candlelit dinner, sunrise balloon safari, nature and bird walks, for children, get arty on safari, riverbed games, bush gym, sundowners, spa treatments
Trip Inclusions / Exclusions
- Arrival & Departure meet and greet service at JKIA and Wilson Airport
- Transportation in 4 x 4 premium model safari land cruisers (6-seater) with a one a kind retractable canvas awning ideal for picnics or sundowner experiences, in-built fridges, charging ports and unlimited Wi-Fi.
- Services of professionally trained drivers of Kenya Professional Guides Association (KPGA) levels of Bronze and silver, proficient in various foreign languages including German, Spanish, Japanese and French.
- 1-night Eka Hotel on bed and breakfast, dinner at the Spur Steak Ranch.
- 2 nights Satao Camp Tsavo East National Park, accommodation, all meals, select drinks and activities.
- 2 nights Tawi Camp, Amboseli National Park includes full board, guided bush walks, drinks (house wine beer, selected spirits), sundowner.
- 1 night Sovereign Suites, Kiambu, Limuru includes bed and breakfast.
- 2 nights Larsens Camp, Samburu National Reserve, full board accommodation, picnic meals, water, soft drinks, local beers, house wines, selected spirits, camp fire biting pre-dinner.
- 1 night The Ark on full board accommodation, game viewing drives, guided bush & nature walks, bird watching, visit the moorlands, Trout fishing.
- 1-night Mbweha Camp, Congreve Conservancy, full board, Unlimited shared game drives, sundowners.
- 2 nights Sala’s Camp, Maasai Mara National Reserve.
- Lunch at Airport Hotel, Day room if needed, to be booked on confirmation.
- International Flight tickets & visa costs.
- Airport taxes as clients will pay direct.
- Flying Doctors services in Kenya.
- All drinks at the Camp or lodge except indicated on the itinerary.
- Driver Guide, Camp & Lodge Staff and Porterage gratuities.
- Telephone bill, Laundry (except when indicated on itinerary), and all other items of personal nature.
- Personal Travel, Medical & Baggage Insurance.
- Any additional items not included on this itinerary that incur extra charges or need advanced booking:
- Visit Hells Gate National Park visit the gorge, Fischer Tower, obsidian caves
- Visit Lake Nakuru National Park.
- Visit Eburu Forest Reserve requires an entrance fee
- Boat Trips on Lake Naivasha.
- Hot air-balloon safari, Camel safaris, Fly camping in Tawi Lodge.
It is recommended not to drink tap water in any location but to drink the bottled water purchased at the hotels, lodge, and camps.
Visa and Mastercard are accepted. Please note we cannot accept US dollar bills older than the year 2000.
When staying in a camp or lodge, the second day is best as you spend the whole day in the park. Alternatively, this can be done on the last day if you are leaving the park in the afternoon.
Minimum 2 nights in each location.
For those on photographic safari, there is need for a private vehicle at an extra charge.
Hot Air Balloon safari both in Congreve Conservancy & Maasai Mara, requires an advance booking and additional charge.
Other activities available in the parks, reserves or conservancies are at an extra charge ask for more activities in detail.
Kenya – Kenya Shilling.
Kenya operates on a 240V supply voltage and 50Hz.
Please see below recommended guideline which is at your discretion.
Safari driver guide per day, per vehicle $10 – $40 per person.
Restaurant waiter/waitresses per meal $1.50 – $2.00 per person
Porter per bag $ 0.50 – $1.50 per person
Yes, you can but you will need to buy a local sim card, on arrival for use during your stay. Or use the lodges, camps or hotel landlines to make internationals calls, this will be billed to your room.
Terms of reservations and payments based on seasons:
Booking during the green season (7th January – 15th June, 1st November – 21st December) done between 42days prior to the guest’s proposed arrival date, and reservations made less than 42 days prior to the proposed date of arrival, such bookings will only be confirmed upon receipt of a 100% pre-payment.
Bookings during the migration season (16th June – 31st October) and festive season (22nd December – 8th January) full payment is due not later than 60 days prior to the guests’ arrival date on all hotels, lodges and Camps.