5 days’ tour into Nyungwe Forest National Park which has the only canopy walks in all East African Parks. One night stay in Kigali City, a 35 min flight on RwandAir from Kigali to Kamembe Airport then on to One & Only Nyungwe House for next 3 nights. This Park is known for being the only one with Canopy walk in East Africa, a Botanist haven and location for 15 trails.
One of the oldest rainforests in Africa, rich in biodiversity and spectacular beauty. Last day you have an option of an approx. 6-hour drive from Nyungwe Forest back to Kigali with a stop at Huye for lunch before a transfer to the airport for your out bound flight.
- Kigali Highlight Kigali Genocide Memorial standing amid beautiful rose gardens and fountains. It also plays a vital role in educating Rwanda’s new and future generations about the genocide.
- Rwanda, known as the Land of a Thousand Hills, is one of the best places to see mountain gorillas.
- Kigali a city once under German colony, was founded in 1907, and gained independence in 1962.
- Rwanda was awarded among the 10 top safest countries in the World and the safest in Africa for solo traveler’s.
- Nyungwe Forest National Park is one of the oldest rainforests in Africa and a Botanist haven with 1,068 plant species and 140 orchids.
- Nyungwe House is the perfect view for astronomers and stargazing novices alike.
- Nyungwe National Park is the only park in East Africa with a canopy walk on a suspended bridge 70m high above the great Nyungwe forest.
- Visit of Tea Plantation.
- Primate Tracking.
- Home to East Africa’s rare chimpanzee populations.
- Birdwatching among the best in Africa with 322 bird species.
- 75 known mammals include Mongoose, Congo clawless Otter, Western Tree Hyrax and leopard to mention a few.
- Home to Troops of Colobus Monkeys.
- Nyungwe is the major catchment area in Rwanda, supplying 70% of water to the country.
- Nyungwe has 15 trails