8 days Uganda safari, that takes you to Kampala, Uganda, on a gorilla trek in Bwindi Forest National Park, then on to Queen Elizabeth National Park for a game drive with a chance to see the Big Five, proceed on for chimpanzee tracking in Kibale Forest National Park, home to 13 primates in Uganda.
This safari takes you to the most powerful waterfall in the world – Murchison Falls, northwest of Uganda and home to the Buligi game tracks which stretches between the Victoria Nile and Albert Nile before the drive to Nakasongola district, where you get to visit the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, the only location you can see the white rhinos in Uganda and a wide variety of bird species and other wildlife.
Your experience ends at Entebbe International Airport for your outbound flight.
- Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- Murchison Falls
- Gorilla Trekking
- Chimpanzee Trekking
- Game drives
- Boat Cruise on Murchison Falls
Met on arrival at Entebbe International Airport, Uganda by our Uganda Partner’s driver guide. He will transfer you to the Mestil Hotel & Residences located in the border of Kampala city, on Nsambya Hill for check-in and freshen-up. (Subject to your flight arrival) Lunch or dinner at the hotel followed by relaxation by the pool.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch or dinner. Overnight at Mestil Hotel & Residences.
After an early breakfast, your driver guide will meet you at reception having earlier check-out, for approx. 8-hour drive to Bwindi Impenetrable Forest National Park. Your drive takes you enroute to the Equator, here you will have a brief stop stretch your legs and take pictures.
Proceed onto Western Region and the second largest city in Uganda – Mbarara Town for lunch before a further drive to the national park arriving in the evening.
Check-in, freshen-up for dinner at the lodge, here you have a Personal butler service.
Meals: lunch, dinner and overnight at Bwindi Lodge.
The best times for Gorilla Trekking is June to August and December to February as the forest trails are drier and therefore less slippery.
Early morning breakfast, check-out with packed lunch to make the morning brief before the 8am trekking departure, The brief takes place at the park headquarters on rules of the Trek.
The walk into the forest can be between 1-7 hours with only one hour to take pictures and watch the specific family you are following as they play games with the young and feed them.
Return back to the headquarters where your driver guide will transfer you to Queen Elizabeth National Park a 2hr 21min (43.5mi). to Ishasha Wilderness Camp located in the southern Ishasha sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park on the Ntungwe river for check-in and dinner.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Ishasha Wilderness Camp
After breakfast, and check out as you depart on a morning game drive in the southern Ishasha sector, searching for tree-climbing lions. About 2-3 hours with a chance to see elephants can be seen bathing in the river, buffalo enjoy grazing and resident troops of Black-and-White Colobus and vervet monkeys are frequently viewed.
This game drive takes you Mweya Safari Lodge for lunch, to enable you to go on the exclusive boat cruise on Kazinga Channel which separates Lake George and Lake Edward. Here you will spot wild animals and birds on the banks of the water. The boat cruise takes 2-3 hours and on return, you will check-in at the Mweya Safari Lodge for dinner and overnight.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Mweya Safari Lodge.
After breakfast, check-out with a 2 hr 35min (69 mi) drive to Kibale Forest National Park, one of the park’s with highest number and diversity of primates in East Africa with 13 species of primates. This is the best location for chimpanzee trekking safaris in the most beautiful and diversified tracts of tropical forest in the whole of Uganda.
The drive through the crater lakes route has a stop to take photos of various Crater before proceeding to Primate Safari Lodge to check-in and lunch. Relax before your afternoon Chimpanzee tracking (1-3 hours).
The Park is home to the uncommon L’Hoest’s monkeys, East Africa’s biggest population of the endangered red colobus monkeys, the black & white colobus, red tailed monkeys, blue monkeys, olive baboons, grey cheeked mangabeys, bush babies as well as potto among many others. Return to the lodge for dinner.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Primate Lodge
After breakfast, check-out for a 6 hr 21min (228 mi) drive through the tea plantations route to be able to tour the plantations before proceeding for lunch at Masindi Hotel enroute to Paraa Safari Lodge in Murchison Falls National Park.
Check-in, freshen-up for dinner at the lodge. The Paraa Safari lodge has 53 rooms overlooking the river Nile.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Paraa Safari Lodge
An early morning breakfast at 06:30am before your driver guide and ranger met you for a game drive in the park which is the world’s most powerful waterfall that emits large volumes of water about 300 cubic meters per second or 11,000 ft³/s at a very powerful pressure that cause the surrounding to tremble.
On the drive around, this park is home to more than 73 animals’ species among which are four the ‘Big Five’ including buffaloes, leopards, lions and elephants (except rhinos), the park has three-quarters of the Rothschild giraffes, herbivores such as Uganda Kobs, waterbucks. The primates living in the verdant forests include Budongo among 610 chimpanzees.
Before mid-day, return to the lodge for lunch, relax by the pool before the afternoon boat cruise. On the boat cruise, you have a chance to see the Nile crocodiles, hippos, buffaloes, elephants along the banks of the Nile.
In addition, there are 451 bird species, bee eaters, the colored kingfishers, the shoe bill including 23 Albertine rift endemics. The boat ride takes you to the base of the Murchison Falls to enable you to see the falls clearly.
You have an option to go hiking to the top where your diver guide will be waiting to drive you back to the lodge for dinner and overnight.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Paraa Lodge.
After an early breakfast, check-out for pick-up to the Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary by your driver guide for a 2hr 17min (86 mi) drive. The Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary is located in Nakasongola district and home of the only wild rhinos in Uganda.
Here you will experience rhino tracking of both black and white rhinos. *You will need closed shoes, long pants, water and insect repellent for this tracking.
Lunch at the Ziwa Rhino Camp, before your drive back to Entebbe International Airport for you out bound flight.
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch.
- Kampala: Pearl of Africa Hotel, Kampala Serena, Golden Tulip Canaan Kampala, Hilton Garden Inn Kampala, Best Western Plus the Athena Hotel.
- Bwindi Impenetrable N.P: Buhoma Lodge, Bwindi Lodge, Gorilla Forest Camp, Clouds Mountains Gorilla Lodge, Mahogany Springs, Silverback Lodge
- Queen Elizabeth N.P: Kyambura Gorge Lodge, Ishasha Wilderness, Katara Lodge, Mweya Safari Lodge, Elephant Plains Lodge.
- Kibale Forest Camp: Kyanginga Lodge, Papaya Lake Lodge.
- Murchison Falls N.P: Sambiya River Lodge, Nile Safari Lodge.
- Bush Breakfasts
- Community Tours & Visits
- Chimpanzee Trekking in Kyambura Gorge
- Cruise the Kazinga Channel
- Birding and Wildlife Walks
- Chimp habitation experience
- Forest Walk, crater lakes tour,
- Birding, Nocturnal walk
- Bigodi Swamp walk, Sebitole Forest, Cultural Heritage and nature trail, Hike at the slopes of Rwenzori Mountains, Visit tea estates.
- Cultural tours around Kibale
- Murchison Falls: Balloon safari, Birdwatching, cultural tours, fishing, game drives, hiking & nature walks, Nile cruise, visit Budongo forest, Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary. Visit Murchison falls.
- Ziwa Rhino Wildlife: On-foot Rhino trekking, Shoebill Trek and Canoe ride * only if you are staying at the Ziwa Camp, birdwatching, guided nature walks.
Trip Inclusions / Exclusions
- Transport in a 4WD vehicle with a pop-up roof inclusive fuel as per itinerary
- English-speaking Ugandan driver/guide.
- Accommodation and Meals on Full Board. (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Park-entrance fees for all National parks
- All activities described in the itinerary.
- 1 Chimpanzee tracking permit per person.
- 1 Gorilla tracking permit per person.
- Drinking water throughout the safari.
- International airfares.
- Entry visa to Uganda.
- Meals that are not part of your accommodation.
- A porter. (Helps to carry your backpack & push/pull you on the slippery slopes.)
- Personal insurance (medical/travel)
- Tips and gratuities to rangers, driver/guide, porter, hotel staff, etc.
- All expenses of personal nature. (e.g., drinks, laundry, optional activities.)
- Any additional items not included on this itinerary.
- Subject to your departure flight time, a day room at an airport hotel is available at an extra charge.
Casual light clothing
Warm jersey/sweater for the cooler mornings and evenings
Comfortable hiking shoes