Your adventure begins with a journey into Nairobi the only national park that borders a capital city in the city’s southern suburbs. Samburu National Park is home to the rare northern six bringing you in sight of such memorable species as Grevy’s Zebra, the Reticulated giraffe, the Beisa onyx, the Somali Ostrich, long necked Gerenuk and Dik Dik. And this is one of the few parks where you have a good chance of spotting African wild dogs with over 450 bird species record.
Naboisho Conservancy is renowned for its bountiful biodiversity and breathtaking beauty, where guests enjoy exceptional day and night wildlife encounters. This is home to the big cats the largest pride in the Greater Mara region, herds of elephants, giraffe, wildebeest and the Kenya rare wild dog.
The conservancy ensures the migratory circles and patterns are not disturbed or forced to change. The quality of game viewing is high cause of the size (20,000hec/50,000acres) and limited number of guests.
- An excellent location, as the lodge overlooks a vast private wildlife sanctuary called Kalama Conservancy, and has exclusive access to the surrounding 200,000 acres of pristine, protected wilderness.
- Saruni Samburu is teeming with wildlife, giant herds of Samburu elephant, leopard, home to rare endemic species, the Samburu Five: Grevy’s zebra, Reticulated Giraffe, Beisa Oryx, Somali ostrich and Gerenuk.
- Unique opportunity to witness, interact with and learn from one of the oldest remaining tribes in Africa.
- Saruni Samburu is the first and most exclusive design lodge of its kind in Kenya.
- Unique Activities such as Game drives and Night drives, guided bush walks, visits to the local caves, lounging at the infinity pools, a massage at the Samburu Wellbeing Space, picnic breakfasts by the Ewaso Niro River, bush dinners in a dry river bed with firelight, Samburu dancers, star-gazing, visiting the local village and visit the Saruni shop.
- Saruni Samburu is the only lodge in Kalama Conservancy, and the sole source of income for the communities found in the area, making it a community focused lodge.