10 days safari in the Best Conservancies Chyulu hills, Laikipia and Maasai Mara conservancies from Nairobi.
- Tamarind Tree Hotel Ideally located within the spacious Carnivore grounds and its iconic Carnivore Restaurant.
- Tamarind Tree Hotel has easy access to Nairobi, its national park, and the country’s diverse attractions via the neighboring Wilson Airport and Southern Bypass.
- Campi ya Kanzi an award-winning boutique eco-lodge in the Chyulu Hills of southern Kenya, in Ernest Hemingway’s “Green Hills of Africa”.
- Campi ya Kanzi is 100% solar and carbon neutral.
- Camp has a perfect oasis to enjoy the vast wildlife such as zebras, giraffes, and lions that visit our watering hole and fly camping.
- Laikipia is one of Africa's great luxury safari destinations, stay at Segera Retreat where will be able to design each day’s activities as advised by your on-site host.
- NAY PALAD Bird Nest is lit up with lanterns, with “Sundowners” of champagne and culinary delights laid out on the top deck where guests will enjoy a magical African sunset, feast on a picnic-style dinner and fall asleep under the sparkling African sky.
- Segera is home to endangered Patas Monkeys - fastest primates on the planet & endangered reticulated giraffe with their distinctive brick-like patterns
- Maasai Mara stay at the #1 Hotel in the World and #1 Safari Lodge in the Travel + Leisure Awards 2021 winner Mahali Mzuri, Sir Richard Branson’s 12-tented luxury safari camp in the Kenyan Bush on a private Olare Motorogi Conservancy in the wider Maasai Mara ecosystem.
Met on arrival at JKIA- International Airport by one of our representatives, and transferred to one of our partner Hotel Tamarind Tree Hotel. Check-in, and relax. Lunch and dinner not included.
Meals: Breakfast, lunch, dinner on your own account. Overnight at Tamarind Tree Hotel.
After breakfast, transferred by our driver to the Wilson airport for your scheduled flight on Safari link to Chyulu hills, where you will be met on arrival by Campi ya Kanzi representative and transferred to the Maasai-owned Group ranch, of 283,000 acres of private wilderness between Amboseli, the Tsavo National Parks and boarding Chyulu Hill National Park.
Check-in with lunch at Campi ya Kanzi, after lunch a siesta, in preparation for afternoon game viewing drive, or choose a night game drive, returning for dinner.
Meals: lunch, dinner and overnight at Campi ya Kanzi.
Full day spent in this private wilderness with day and night game viewing drives, guided walks, bush breakfast or dinners, hiking in the Chyulu hills, horseback riding, conservation and a scenic flight near Mt. Kilimanjaro. Some activities community outreach programs – cultural visits to Maasai Village or schools, massage and yoga retreats may incur extra cost, check at the time of confirmation. Dinner at the Camp.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Campi ya Kanzi.
Depart after an early breakfast to the airstrip at Chyulu hills, schedule flight to Wilson Airport to connecting morning flight to Nanyuki at 10:20 am. Met on arrival by Segera representative to the Retreat transfer is an hour and 51mins drive in a 4 x 4 vehicle.
Segera Retreat is a splash of green in a golden savannah, a legacy of true Kenyan ranch life set against the filmic grasslands that landscape the foothills of Mount Kenya, Segera has been rejuvenated into a fertile home for conservation, community, culture and commerce.
Behind a living cactus boma, the lush gardens flicker with hummingbirds and inspire with sculptures, pools and elegant thatched villas. Its exclusively private 50 000 acres are home to lion, leopard, cheetah, elephant and buffalo as well as endangered species such as reticulated giraffe, Grevy's zebra, Lelwel's Hartebeest and African wild dog. During your stay, seek out these species along with classic plains game and up to 150 bird species. Dinner at the Retreat.
Meals: lunch, dinner. Overnight at Segera Retreat.
Whole day loaded with various activities you can indulge in traditions of bee-keeping in the wild, sleep-out under the stars in the Nay Palad Bird Nest, Visit the SATUBO beading collaborative and shop for original beadwork, Experience the traditions of a Samburu manyatta.
Meet the inspiring trainees at the Conservation Ranger Unit, Take an Art Tour and find a window into one of the world's greatest collections of contemporary African Art. Dinner at the Retreat.
Meals: lunch, dinner. Overnight at Segera Retreat
Full day to go wild walking with our anti-poaching tracker dog teams, run "sniffer" exercises, learn about the enriching botanical treatments, visit a local school or nursery, stay at home and watch a movie, plant a tree in the new community forest, Join in the harvesting for our farm-to-fork menus.
Take a cookery lesson, retail therapy in our creative studio, full gym and rasul shower take care of your body, The Centre for the 4Cs, Game viewing drives in 4x4 vehicles roam freely though Laikipia, Guided Nature Walks, Sundowners and Picnics, Visit the local community, Segera Wellness, indoor and outdoor dining.
last day to Explore Kenya in 'Out of Africa' style - fly in GAAMY - the original plane from the Oscar award winning film and children’s activities for children from collecting eggs, planting trees, playing soccer, learning crafts, making pizza and even tailor-made game drives.
Meals: lunch, dinner. Overnight at Segera Retreat.
After breakfast depart on scheduled flight from Nanyuki to the Mara, then on to the private Olare Motorogi Conservancy – Maasai Mara ecosystem. Charter flights will fly direct whilst schedule flights from Nanyuki to Olare Orok Airstrip which is approximately 25 minutes' drive from the camp.
A short game drive enroute to Mahali Mzuri, Sir Richard Branson’s tented camp in a pristine part of Africa, the place to be for a front row view of the abundant game in the area. The camp is also in the path of the world-famous annual Great Migration, arrive for lunch and afternoon swim in the 12-meter outdoor infinity pool, big enough for a refreshing dip. Drives
Game viewing drives done in top of range open 4x4 land cruisers with a capacity of six guests, departure times are early morning and late afternoon, however night game viewing is available and can be arranged at the time of confirmation. Options for a picnic lunch whilst on a full day game drive in the conservancy or the Maasai Mara, Nasaro Spa, visit one of the nearby Maasai villages, dining under the African sky in the open bush, on a deck or in the dining tent.
Meals: lunch, dinner. Overnight at Mahali Mzuri
Morning wakeup call with tea or coffee, depart for an early morning game viewing drive. Morning is spent at leisure, with a late afternoon game viewing drive before returning to the Lodge/Camp for dinner and overnight.
Opt for an early hot-air balloon safari, swimming, guided walking safari, children’s activities: - children receive a ‘bushbaby bag’ packed with treasure hunts, coloring books and a cap, excursions/activities around the camp lessons on kites, bows and arrows, and spears. Dinner at the Camp.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Mahali Mzuri
Morning game drive in the conservancy, return for breakfast and depart to the airstrip for your charter flight back to Wilson Nairobi, you will be met by one of our representatives, for lunch at the Carnivore Restaurant Nairobi, before your final transfer to the international airport for your onward flight, subject to your departure time, a day room will be available at one of our partner airport hotels.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, Lunch at Carnivore restaurant. Day room at Four Points by Sheraton Airport.
- Nairobi: Emara Ole Sereni, Sankara Nairobi, Karen Gables, Tamarind Tree Hotel, Ololo Safari Lodge & farm, The Emakoko Boutique Safari Lodge, Crowne Plaza Airport or Hemingways Nairobi.
- Chyulu Hills National Park: Ol Donyo Lodge, Chyulu Club, Umani Springs Lodge (Kibwezi Forest near Chyulu Hills National Park)
- Motorogi Conservancy Mara Game Reserve: Mara Plains Camp, Olare Mara Kempinski.
- Laikipia Conservancy: Tassia Lodge, Sosian Ranch, Enasoit Laikipia Safari Lodge, Sabuk lodge, El Karama lodge, Sosian lodge, Ol Malo lodge, Sanctuary at Ol Lentille.
- Tamarind Tree Hotel: close to Karen area where a lot of activities are available, and sit on the same land as the infamous Carnivore restaurant.
- Campi ya Kanzi: morning trip up into the Chyulu cloud forest, Guided Bush walks, day & night game drives in 4×4 vehicle, forest walks, the camp often takes visitors to visit a local network of caves, fly camping and horse- riding and cultural excursion.
- Mahali Mzuri: offer two daily game drives, lounge area with fireplace, a library of books, iPads, iPod docking stations and speaker systems and a TV/DVD, a telescope for stargazing, a 12-meter outdoor heated infinity pool and little warriors’ kids’ activities.
- Segera Retreat: Centre for the 4Cs, fine collection of Kenyan work, a shop, a gym, Segera wellness, salt water swimming pool, a botanical garden. The Nay Palad Bird Nest is a luxurious treehouse or sleep-out platform, day and night game drives in 4×4 vehicles, picnics and sundowners, a variety of hides and lookout points, guided nature walks, camel walks, cultural visits. Helicopter trips to Mount Kenya and the Great Lakes can be arranged at additional cost. your stay, you will be able to design each day’s activities with the advice of your on-site host.
Trip Inclusions / Exclusions
- Services of meet and greet by our representatives from the International Airport, Wilson and by our lodge & camp partners as per itinerary.
- Transfers on arrival and departure in Nairobi as per above itinerary.
- Ground transport in 4 x 4 safari vehicles with camp/lodge guide as per itinerary including Transfers from Olare Orok airstrip (25 minutes’ drive from camp)
- Services of an experienced, English-speaking Driver / Guide from our partners in the Reserves, Conservancies and Parks when on air safari.
- Game drives during the day as per itinerary and as organized by the lodges/camps.
- Park entrance fees for game parks, reserves and conservancies as per itinerary.
- 1 night on bed & breakfast accommodation at Tamarind Tree Hotel, Nairobi
- 2 nights on full board basis at Campi ya Kanzi, Chyulu Hills including drinking water, wine, beer, spirits, soft drinks, laundry, airstrip transfers, and safari activities: game drives, guided walks and hikes, bush meals and picnics, Maasai village visits, birdwatching, horseback riding.
- 3 nights on full board basis at Segera Retreat, Nanyuki, Laikipia.
- 3 nights on full board basis at Mahali Mzuri, Motorogi Conservancy Masai Mara.
- Complete privacy and exclusive use of Mahali Mzuri and its facilities.
- Twice daily game drives in 13,500 hectares, night time game drives are subject to availability.
- Drinks (including alcoholic beverages), Unlimited access to the exclusive Olare Motorogi Conservancy, Visits to the local markets, Complimentary wireless internet available throughout the camp, laundry service (dry cleaning not available)
- Departure day, lunch at the Carnivore restaurant on last day prior to transfer to the airport for your out bound flight.
- Day room at airport hotel subject to dept flight time.
- Amref Flying Doctors cover whilst on this safari aimed at providing quality and affordable Air and Ground Ambulance evacuation services.
- International flight ticket, Travel documents, Visa
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance from your insurer back at home.
- Specific excursions and services not indicated on the ‘included’ incurs additional charge when booked.
- All personal expenses, telephone calls, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks not indicated by lodge/camp as included, laundry charge may be extra in some or our partners properties.
- Tips and gratuities for staff and driver/guide at our partner properties.
- Any additional items not included on this itinerary.
- Subject to your departure flight time, a day room at an airport hotel is available at an extra charge.
It is recommended not to drink tap water in any location but to drink the bottled water purchased at the hotels, lodge, and camps.
Some of our partners provide kitted out with Maasai blankets and ponchos to keep you warm, sun cream, fridges filled with cold drinks, hot drinks, books and sweets whilst on safari.
Baggage allowance to all our destinations is STRICTLY limited to 15 Kgs per person.
16 km from Nairobi National Park and 19 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Campi ya Kanzi Game drives are day and night using Electric safari cars which are typically retrofitted diesel 4×4 vehicles, and run at around 95% efficiency vs 20-30% for standard combustion engines.
Segera Retreat has tailored made game viewing drives in open-sided 4×4 vehicles.
Mahali Mzuri has 4×4 game viewing vehicles. game drives in 13,500 hectares in the Olare Motorogi Conservancy with experienced local guides and evening game drives.
Campi ya Kanzi vehicle fleet consists of one short-wheel-base and four long-wheel-base Land Rovers.
Mahali Mzuri in open 4×4 Land Cruiser vehicles, seating a maximum of six guests and there are early morning and late afternoon game drives.
Segera Retreat has Game viewing drives in 4×4 vehicles.
Not all Lodges and Camps have internet access as some are luxury in remote areas. When on road safari the vehicles provide complimentary Wi-Fi for our guests.
The city hotels do have Wi-Fi access in the rooms and internet cafes are close by.
Yes, feel free to extend your safari and we enjoy working with you to give you a personalized and memorable safari.
A minimum 3 nights stay to enjoy all the adventures and activities available in the conservancy and game reserve.
Family safaris are best when children are on holiday between late May – late June, and early August – early September, and the festive period 22nd December – 8th January.
Group safaris vary as per budget as the green season begins March – end of June, those who wish to see the Great Migration between July – October.
When travelling from one point to another it is advisable to have a card/debit card, and change only the cash amount you wish to use each time. For your extras.
Kenya operates on a 240V supply voltage and 50Hz
No, you cannot feed any animal in the Parks, Reserves, Conservancies.
No, no one should walk within the park between sunset and sunrise.
Walks are only permitted on foot paths with an armed ranger present all the time.
Under the guidance of your driver, all photos and viewing are to be done in the vehicle. He will advise when to sit or stand whilst taking photos subject to the closeness of the animals being viewed.
Please see below recommended guideline which is at your discretion.
Safari driver guide per day, per vehicle $10 – $40 per person.
Restaurant waiter/waitresses per meal $1.50 – $2.00 per person
Porter per bag $ 0.50 – $1.50 per person
Uganda guidelines for tipping:
Trekking porters $10per person
Waiters/Waitress 10% of consumption
Restaurant staff $2.00 per person per meal, at your discretion.
Yes, you can but you will need to buy a local sim card, on arrival for use during your stay. Or use the lodges, camps or hotel landlines to make internationals calls, this will be billed to your room.
All diets are catered for and those on special dietary requirements are booked in advance.
Yes‚ there is a complimentary secure store at our Wilson Airport Office. please inquire from the check-in counter.
The luggage space is restricted, and we recommend one piece of soft sided bag and a small day bag comfortable to be carried on one’s lap. Luggage weight will depend on the itinerary you have booked, kindly check with us at the time of booking.
We have partnered with lodges and camps who have meals in place for continental cuisine, vegetarian, kosher, halal, gluten-free diet. However, we request you indicate the dietary requirement at the time of booking.
Terms of reservations and payments based on seasons:
Booking during the green season (7th January – 15th June, 1st November – 21st December) done between 42days prior to the guest’s proposed arrival date, and reservations made less than 42 days prior to the proposed date of arrival, such bookings will only be confirmed upon receipt of a 100% pre-payment.
Bookings during the migration season (16th June – 31st October) and festive season (22nd December – 8th January) full payment is due not later than 60 days prior to the guests’ arrival date on all hotels, lodges and Camps.
At Segera Retreat: Fixed wing charter, picnic lunch and game viewing day trip to Samburu / Buffalo Springs / Shaba • Fixed wing charter to the Matthews Range • Fixed wing charter with picnic to Mount Kenya • Helicopter excursions to Mount Kenya or the Aberdares.
Helicopter trip to the Great Lakes (Baringo / Nakuru) • Helicopter trips to attractions around Northern Kenya * Pre-booking required in order to guarantee any of the above excursions.