- Your 10 day’s journey into the hidden treasures on wings in Kenya, entry with an arrival in Nairobi, the only city in the world with a national park in its suburbs, next day scheduled flight to Amboseli Elerai with great scenic view of Mount Kilimanjaro – Africa’s highest mountain, day and night game viewing drives on the conservancy your next flight takes you to Solio lodge known for exclusive safari experience, and the only lodge on the conservancy in a unique setting between Mount Kenya and the Aberdares Mountains.
- A flight to Meru National Park brings you to this remote wilderness built on Mughwango Hill above George Adamson’s Kora camp, and famous for the bestseller by Joy Adamson’s ‘Born free’ with superb game viewing.
- Last but not least flight to Mara North Conservancy to the exclusive location of Saruni Mara nestled in the hills, here you will have a chance to explore the world-renowned Mara-Serengeti ecosystem and uninterrupted exclusivity in the private conservancy. Here the unique Warrior programme to enhance your knowledge on tracing animals and learn craft tools on the plains of the Masai Mara, exciting venture for families with children.
- Amboseli National Park is one of the most visited parks.
- Amboseli has a large population of elephants and over 400 bird species.
- Best views of Mount Kilimanjaro from Amboseli National Park.
- Elerai Camp’s Mountain biking ‘hosts the annual ‘Kilimanjaro 7-3 Mountain Bike challenge’ with 200 bird species.
- Elerai Camp has been awarded a certificate of Excellence from TripAdvisor.
- Solio Conservancy is home to over 200 black and white rhinos which live within a core 19,000-acre wildlife sanctuary.
- 13 rivers that bisect Meru National Park stem from the vast Tana River.
- Meru National Park is the location where the famous George and Joy Adamson raised the lioness named Elsa.
- The story was shared via the book and movie of which both were named Born Free in 1966.
- Elsa’s kopje Winner of the Good safari Guides’ ‘best safari property in Africa’
- Saruni Mara is the only small, luxury lodge in the Masai Mara.
- Mara North Conservancy is one of the most densely populated wildlife conservancies in the Mara ecosystem.
- The exclusivity and intimacy due to the limited number of visitors allowed makes the Mara North Conservancy.
- Mara North Conservancy is inhabited by the Big 5 and over 450 species of birds.
You will be met at the Jomo Kenyatta International airport in Nairobi by our office Representative briefed concerning your safari then introduced to your driver and transferred to Emara Ole Sereni Hotel for overnight.
Meals: Breakfast. (Lunch or dinner on own account) overnight Emara Ole Sereni.
Early breakfast at the Hotel, you will be picked by our driver guide and transferred to Wilson Airport for your scheduled flight to Amboseli airstrip, where you will be met with the Elerai Camp drive for a 1 hr. 13 min (35.4 km/ 24miles) game drive enroute to Elerai Camp located in a quiet, unspoilt setting at an altitude of 1,460 meters on a 5,000-acre private conservation area 12 kms south east of Amboseli National Park.
Arriving in time for lunch and check-in, with a siesta after lunch. The camp looks down onto Amboseli National Park in one direction and up to Mount Kilimanjaro in one direction set in the best location and famous for being the best place in Africa to get close to free-ranging elephants among other wildlife species.
Your stay at Elerai Camp gives you the option to either enjoy game drives in Amboseli National Park or the Elerai Conservation area. An afternoon game drive in the conservancy off the beaten track away form other tourist vehicles, a sundowner and return to the camp for dinner.
Meals: lunch, dinner and overnight at Elerai Camp
Tea/coffee before an early morning game viewing drive in the conservancy before returning for breakfast, then a 50 min drive into Amboseli National Park, which offers the amazing Amboseli swamps with the large herds of elephants and buffalos and the unique aquatic bird species.
Returning for lunch and relax by the pool before your choice of activities from bushwalks accompanied by a knowledgeable guide and two armed Maasai guards, to night game drive a chance to see some rare species such as civet, serval, genet, and the very elusive leopard, sundowners and community visits.
The contrast of Elerai conservation area is the grass plains and acacia woodland forest which are home to the large elephant bulls, many giraffes, eland and a host of amazing bird life. Dinner at the Camp.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Elerai Camp
Early morning breakfast as you depart for Amboseli airstrip for your scheduled flight to Wilson at 09:05am to connect the scheduled flight at 10:20am to Nanyuki. Met on arrival by Solio lodge driver for a 45-minute drive to the lodge.
The Solio lodge is the only guest accommodation on 45,000-acre Solio Game Reserve famous for its unique and mind-blowing rhino viewing experiences. Tucked in the valley between the lofty slopes of Mount Kenya and the peaks of the Aberdares Mountains.
Internationally recognized as one of the most successful private rhino breeding sanctuaries in East Africa, sightings of up to 40 rhinoceros at a time is not uncommon as the wildlife experience is intense and exclusive in 19,000 acres of conservancy surrounded by a 45,000acre ranch and the only luxury lodge.
Arrive in time for lunch and check-in, and an afternoon siesta, before you depart on your first game viewing drive in this unique conservancy. Returning for dinner.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Solio lodge
Full day in Solio conservancy with morning, afternoon and evening game viewing in one of Kenya’s least busy private game reserves. Spend the day with the prolific number of black and white rhinos, a chance to spot four out of the ‘big five’ (excluding the elephants as the conservancy is fenced for the endangered black rhino’s protection) the Reticulated giraffe, eland, waterbuck, lion, leopard, cheetah and many more may be spotted.
Other activities offered include sundowners, horseback, massage beside a crackling fire, exploring the highest peaks of the nearby Aberdare Mountains, to thrilling game drives, cycling through the bush, visiting one of the local schools, guided nature walk. Lunch and dinner at the lodge.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Solio Lodge
After breakfast check-out and a transfer to Nanyuki airstrip a 40 min (36.8 km) drive for your scheduled flight on Air Kenya to Kinna Airstrip in Meru National Park, a 45 min game drive enroute to the lodge. Elsa’s Kopje is sculpted into Mughwango Hill, above the site of George Adamson’s original camp where he raised and released orphan lions, long before conservation became fashionable.
Here guests enjoy inimitable seclusion boasting 870km², the equivalent of 215,000 acres, of authentic African landscape. The park offers a thriving rhino sanctuary, famous for large elephant herds, hippo, lion, over 427 species of bird species. The park is recognized for having more diversity of animal species that any other park in East Africa.
Meals: breakfast, lunch at Thomson Falls, dinner. Overnight at Elsa’s Kopje.
Full day in Meru National Park with open game drive vehicles, all the guides are bronze or silver level Kenya Professional Safari Guides Association certified. With new fleet of specially fitted, 4×4 Toyota Land cruisers.
The park has enormous diversity of habitat and wildlife, from cool forests at 3400 ft to the west, dropping down to 1000 ft semi-desert plains with giant baobab and commiphora trees. It has thirteen clear spring fed rivers lined with palms and riverine forest, and home to basking hippo.
Aside from being the lion and elephant country, Meru has many rare species including caracal, the beautiful Lesser Kudu, aardwolf, and over 400 species of birds. With an 84 sq km rhino sanctuary housing over 60 black and white rhinos, the area is so large that finding the rhino can still be a game driving challenge.
The vehicles are unrivalled with feature enhancements specifically designed for comfort and photography – open sided with 3 rows of seats, photographic equipment stands, and charging sockets. Clients will share game drives unless “exclusive use of vehicle” has been prebooked at an extra charge.
Additional activities include day excursion to Tana River, guided walks, river fishing, bush breakfast, sundowners and massages. Dinner at the lodge.
Meals: breakfast, lunch at Sarova Lion Hill, dinner. Overnight at Elsa’s Kopje
After breakfast, the lodge driver will transfer you to Kinna Airstrip is 45 minutes’ drive away from Elsa’s Kopje, with a game drive enroute for your Air Kenya flight 09.05am to Maasai Mara. Arrive at the Mara North Conservancy airstrip, where you will be met on arrival by Saruni Mara driver guide and transferred a 40-minute game viewing drive from the airstrips to Saruni Mara. Arrive in time for check-in and lunch, followed by a short siesta.
Maasai Mara is famous for its unique concentration of wildlife, birds, rich vegetation and open savannah, classified among the ‘Seven Wonders of the World’ due to the extraordinary annual migration (July to November) when over 1.3 million wildebeest and zebras cross from the Serengeti in search of greener pastures.
The exceptional, Loita Hills migration, is where thousands of local wildebeest come to the Mara North Conservancy (December to May). Mara North Conservancy is a beautiful private wilderness area of more than 30,000 hectares. It is a vital part of the greater Masai Mara ecosystem as it forms the north-western zone, bordering the Masai Mara National Reserve in the south of Kenya.
An afternoon game viewing drive in 4x4 land rover open sided with a canvas roof for shade, guests share vehicles unless exclusive use of a vehicle is requested. Dinner at the lodge.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Saruni Mara
Full day spent in the Conservancy with a variety of experiences which can be pre-booked from guided night game drives, guided bush walks, bush meals, sundowners, cultural visit to local market, seedballs throwing, birdwatching, stargazing, warrior academy (programme in bush skills and animal tracking), drive to Mount Kilileoni.
Additional charges incurred for Maasai wellbeing Space massages & spa treatments, purchase of personal effects at the Saruni gift shop, migration river crossing, visit to the Olchorro rhino sanctuary, hot air-balloon flights pre-booked and subject to weather. Wedding & blessings. Dinner at the lodge.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Saruni Mara
Early morning tea/coffee prior to your first early morning game viewing drive in this beautiful private wilderness area of more than 68,700 acres which forms the north-western zone, bordering the Masai Mara National Reserve in the south of Kenya.
Should you choose to go on a hot-air balloon this departs at dawn and includes a champagne breakfast in the bush.
Saruni Mara is located at 6,000 ft. and can be considered malaria free. Guests are guided by Maasai warriors, who eagerly share their ancient customs and local knowledge of the landscape and wildlife.
Morning game drive after the bush breakfast returning for to the lodge for lunch, after a siesta, late afternoon or night game viewing drive as per your choice.
Return for dinner.
Meals: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Overnight at Saruni Mara
Opt to have the air-balloon safari this morning, coupled with champagne breakfast in the bush (or take part in one of the activities mentioned) and after breakfast proceed for a morning game viewing drive, returning to the camp for lunch and check-out. Depart for the Mara north airstrip for your return afternoon flight on Air Kenya to Wilson Nairobi.
Met on arrival and transferred to the International Airport for your outbound flight subject to your check-in time, we can offer day rooms at Crowne Plaza Airport Hotel or similar.
Meal Plan: Breakfast, lunch, Day room at Crowne Plaza Airport.
- Nairobi: Sankara Nairobi, Karen Gables, Tamarind Tree Hotel, Ololo Safari Lodge & farm, The Emakoko Boutique Safari Lodge, Crowne Plaza Airport or Hemingways Nairobi.
- Amboseli National Park: Tortilis Camp, Kibo Villa Amboseli, Tawi Lodge.
- Nanyuki: Porini Rhino Camp, Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club.
- Meru National Park: Elsa’s Kopje, Offbeat Meru (outside the park).
- Maasai Mara Reserve: (Mara North Conservancy): Serian ‘the original’, Royal Mara safari Lodge, Elephant Pepper Camp, Kicheche Mara Camp.
- Game viewing drives
- Community project visits
- Game Walks
- Night Game Drives
- Bush breakfast
- Horse-riding at Solio lodge
- For children at Solio lodge
- Helicopter excursions & scenic flights at Saruni Mara,
- Flower farm visit at Solio lodge
- Visit the coffee Farm
- Day excursions to Tana River with picnic lunch at Meru N. Park
- Visit the rhino sanctuary at Meru N. Park
- River fishing at Meru N. Park
- Swimming pool at Meru N. Park and Saruni Mara
- Warriors Academy at Saruni Mara.
- The library – At Saruni Mara
- Photographic Hide & Waterhole at Saruni Mara
- Stargazing at Saruni Mara
- Reteti Elephant Sanctuary Excursion
- The Sacred Mountain Trek at Saruni Mara
- Walk To Caves & Samburu Rock Art at Saruni Mara
Trip Inclusions / Exclusions
- Services of meet and greet by our representatives from the International Airport, Wilson and by our lodge & camp partners as per itinerary.
- Transfers on arrival and departure in Nairobi as per above itinerary.
- Game viewing drives in 4 x 4 land cruisers (7-seater) at Elerai Camp, Solio Lodge have unique roof top benches on their safari vehicles which offer the ultimate, uninterrupted game viewing. Our customized 4 x 4s are also kitted out with ponchos, suncream, drinks and wildlife books, Elsa’s Kopje guides are bronze or silver level Kenya Professional Safari Guides Association certified, open game drive vehicles, new fleet, specially fitted, 4×4 Toyota Land cruisers. Saruni Mara has a fleet of 4x4 Land Rovers for all game drives.
- Return airstrip transfers and Game drives during the day as per itinerary and as organized by the lodges/camps.
- Park entrance fees for game parks, reserves and conservancies as per itinerary.
- 1 nights on bed & breakfast at Emara Ole Sereni Hotel.
- 2 nights on full board basis at Elerai Camp – Amboseli National Park, all inclusive wines, water, soft drinks, all game viewing drives, visit of cultural Boma, swimming pool.
- 2 nights on full board basis at Solio Lodge – Solio Conservancy includes exclusive use of vehicle for each group of guests, excursions to the Aberdare National Park (excluding park fees), walking, local farm visit, horse riding, mountain biking, house wines, house soft drinks, house spirits, laundry, bush breakfast, and sundowners.
- 2 nights on full board basis at Elsa’s Kopje – Meru National Park includes game drives, guided walking safari, sundowners.
- 3 nights on full board basis at Saruni Mara – Mara North Conservancy includes soft drinks, house wines, beers & select non-luxury spirits, shared day & night game drives in 4 x 4 vehicles and guided bush walks, bush meals, sundowners and picnic excursions, one complimentary 30min neck and back massage per room per day, warrior academy (bookable in advance), cultural village visit transfers.
- Pick up from Wilson Airport to International Airport, day room at airport hotel subject to dept flight time.
- Amref Flying Doctors cover whilst on this safari aimed at providing quality and affordable Air and Ground Ambulance evacuation services.
- International flight ticket, Travel documents, Visa etc.
- Comprehensive Travel Insurance from your insurer back at home.
- Specific excursions and services not indicated on the ‘included’ incurs additional charge when booked.
- All personal expenses, telephone calls, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks not indicated by lodge/camp as included, laundry charge may be extra in some or our partners properties.
- Tips and gratuities for staff and driver/guide at our partner properties.
- Any additional items not included on this itinerary.
- Subject to your departure flight time, a day room at an airport hotel is available at an extra charge.
The hotel is 19 mins drive (12.2 km/7.6 miles) without traffic.
It is recommended not to drink tap water in any location but to drink the bottled water purchased at the hotels, lodge, and camps.
Some of our partners provide kitted out with Maasai blankets and ponchos to keep you warm, sun cream, fridges filled with cold drinks, hot drinks, books and sweets whilst on safari.
Baggage allowance to all our destinations is STRICTLY limited to 15 Kgs per person.
Minimum passenger capacity 12 and maximum 52 passengers.
Most of our partners offer morning, afternoon and evening game viewing drives and at the point of booking, we shall share a detailed itinerary.
The 4 x 4 vehicle Landcruiser or land rovers used have 5 to 7 sitting capacities.
The unique roof top benches on the safari vehicles which offer the ultimate, uninterrupted game viewing. The customized 4 x 4s are also kitted out with ponchos, suncream, drinks and wildlife books.
Not all Lodges and Camps have internet access as some are luxury in remote areas. When on road safari the vehicles provide complimentary Wi-Fi for our guests.
The city hotels do have Wi-Fi access in the rooms and internet cafes are close by.
Elerai Camp has an outdoor swimming pool.
Solio Lodge doesn’t have a swimming pool, but has in door spa treatments.
Elsa’s Kopje has an outdoor pool.
Saruni Samburu has two pools.
In case any medical service is required, an in-house doctor will attend to you.
When need arises we use the Amref Flying Doctor’s short-term cover for Air and Ground Ambulance evacuation services whilst on safari.
The dry season between June and September where July to October is the peak season. Solio lodge is closed in November.
Elerai Camp accepts Visa & Mastercard and cash Dollars, Euros, Pounds sterling or Kenya shillings
Solio lodge accepts all major credit cards
Elsa’s kopje accepts credit cards and no cash is accepted.
Saruni Mara accepts Visa & Mastercard, debit cards (no surcharge to settle incidentals)
Cash for gratuities at all properties.
Please see below recommended guideline which is at your discretion.
Safari driver guide per day, per vehicle $10 – $40 per person.
Restaurant waiter/waitresses per meal $1.50 – $2.00 per person
Porter per bag $ 0.50 – $1.50 per person
Uganda guidelines for tipping:
Trekking porters $10per person
Waiters/Waitress 10% of consumption
Restaurant staff $2.00 per person per meal, at your discretion.
Yes, you can but you will need to buy a local sim card, on arrival for use during your stay. Or use the lodges, camps or hotel landlines to make internationals calls, this will be billed to your room.
Elerai Camp has mobile connectivity
Solio lodge has Wi-Fi available.
Saruni Mara has Wi-Fi internet connection in all cottages and in the office
Elsa’s Kopje has cellphone reception in most rooms, the Wi-Fi in some of the rooms close to the main areas. Good Wi-Fi in main areas and a computer in the charging room.
All diets are catered for and those on special dietary requirements are booked in advance.
Yes‚ there is a complimentary secure store at our Wilson Airport Office. please inquire from the check-in counter.
We have partnered with lodges and camps who have meals in place for continental cuisine, vegetarian, kosher, halal, gluten-free diet. However, we request you indicate the dietary requirement at the time of booking.
Terms of reservations and payments based on seasons:
Booking during the green season (7th January – 15th June, 1st November – 21st December) done between 42days prior to the guest’s proposed arrival date, and reservations made less than 42 days prior to the proposed date of arrival, such bookings will only be confirmed upon receipt of a 100% pre-payment.
Bookings during the migration season (16th June – 31st October) and festive season (22nd December – 8th January) full payment is due not later than 60 days prior to the guests’ arrival date on all hotels, lodges and Camps.